Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island
ProthonotaryThe Office of the Prothonotary and Registrar in Bankruptcy performs the following functions for the Court:
• mediates all small claims cases;
• conducts garnishee hearings and criminal show-cause hearings for Provincial Court;
• executes conveyances, transfers or mortgages when ordered by the Court;
• authorized to issue subpoenas for some inferior courts/tribunals;
• authorized to hear some uncontested motions, applications and references;
• performs civil wedding ceremonies under the Marriage Act.
BankruptcyThe Prothonotary is also the Registrar in Bankruptcy and receives all bankruptcy documents and conducts and renders decisions in contested bankruptcy hearings.
- Judicature Act, section 27
General Contact Information